April 29, 2016

Muse Of The Month: Barbie



...Come on Barbie, let's go party!

From left: Moschino Barbie boots, Skinnydip London bag via Nasty Gal, Zuhair Murad Barbie, Moschino skirt, Barbie from 00s,  Moschino SS15 look, Chill Pill bag Topshop

It's almost the end of April (and Vappu in Finland! Already?), but here it is - The Muse of April: a girl who's been a significant part of little girls' life since 1959.

To me, Barbie was my first fashion icon. I was born in 1995 and I have a big sister who's six years older than me, so my Barbies were from 90s to 00s, but I think we had some late 80s Barbies too, which is cool. Our collection of Barbies was really big (and still is), from typical 90s Barbies to collectors Barbies, Disney princesses, the whole collection of 1998 and 1999 Generation Girls and a lot of different fashionista Barbies from the 00s. Even though I grew up during the era when Barbie wasn't the only popular doll available, it was always my favorite.

I've loved clothes and fashion as long as I can remember, and I think Barbie is the one to blame, along the genes from my mother of course. I always loved to dress Barbies and I had a huge collection of their clothes. I even have some unique pieces that my mother's friend sew for Barbies.
Barbie's style has changed during the decades and it varies between different Barbies, but the characteristic style of Barbie is very pink, girly and colorful. Just like Jeremy Scott's Spring/Summer 2015 collection for Moschino: matchy tops and bottoms, fun prints, roller skates and bubble gum pink.


10. Check mini skirt, Topshop sold out, similar here






I've collected photos of toys and things I remember from my childhood to this board on Pinterest, check it out if we have some similarities -->

My NOSTALGIA board on Pinterest






                       

No comments:

Post a Comment